Peeing products

Paddles , Epirbs , Cup Holders , Helmets , Radios etc
Forum rules
Please remember this is NOT a commercial forum! Please refer to "Rules of the Forum" for clarification

Peeing products

Postby deesta » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:19 am

Any female kayakers out there using the Freshette
http://www.freshette.com/index.html
or the WhizBiz
http://www.whizbiz.com.au/
and got recommendations about them?

Or other suggestions for how to pee while staying in the kayak?

Thanks
Dee
deesta

KAYAK: Mirage 530, Tahe Greenland T

Re: Peeing products

Postby wannabeventurer » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Used whizbiz type device, can pee into bottle with one after a bit of practice. Works best with shorts. Handy for camp as well for those places where there's not enough low growing scrub nearby, or if you are phobic about snakes lurking in the sort of bushes that give best cover. Cheap and easy to pack.
wannabeventurer

KAYAK: Mirage 530

Postby owenw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:55 pm

My wife uses a similar device called the "Shewee", oh and she also paddles a Mirage 530. http://www.no1aussiehangout.com/shewee.html
Life truly lived is full of risk; to fence out risk is to fence out life itself.
owenw

KAYAK: Rockpool Taran, Nordkapp LV, Valley Avocet RM, F1 SoF. Stellar Ocean Ski, plus a few others

Postby wannabeventurer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:51 pm

"Shewee" is now available in camping section of some K-Mart stores, and substantially cheaper than the similar one I purchased from the rock-climbing suppliers or Anaconda type stores.
wannabeventurer

KAYAK: Mirage 530

Postby MiRush » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 pm

It seems that these devices bring women's problem equal to men but the problem still remains for both. I was hoping that people like Gnarlydog could come up with a solution. Here is a starter idea . How about a Skeg in the centre front of the seat and when it is pulled up, it launches to your crotch, providing a passage to the water. 8-) When you finish, you simply release the skeg. Of course, there are some risks there particularly for men if you happen to get excited during the process or a shark have a fancy on you. :mrgreen: Common Gnarly, you have resolved the water intake recently now it is time for your next challenge.
MiRush

KAYAK: M580, Greenland T, Epic V10S

Postby Earvin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 am

MiRush wrote:It seems that these devices bring women's problem equal to men but the problem still remains for both. I was hoping that people like Gnarlydog could come up with a solution. Here is a starter idea . How about a Skeg in the centre front of the seat and when it is pulled up, it launches to your crotch, providing a passage to the water. 8-) When you finish, you simply release the skeg. Of course, there are some risks there particularly for men if you happen to get excited during the process or a shark have a fancy on you. :mrgreen: Common Gnarly, you have resolved the water intake recently now it is time for your next challenge.

I do worry about you sometimes Selim ;) :) .
Earvin

KAYAK: Tahe Reval

Postby deesta » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm

I was wondering how long it would take for this topic to degnerate (oops, almost typed "head south" there....) :D

For the record I have ordered a WhizBiz..not sure if a user review would be welcomed here :?

For women, there is still the clothing choice to consider, how to manouvre into position....

Dee :roll: :roll:
deesta

KAYAK: Mirage 530, Tahe Greenland T

Postby adventuretess » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Deesta
Prior to Freya's launch many moons ago, she passed on her experiences to me -
[color=#4000BF]"I'm using a device from www.freshette.com, or am trying now www.shewee.com
Whiz freedom is too soft to stay at place.
And a male pee zipper on a drysuit, but i think you won't need that in Australia :-)"

I havnt had an update, but let me know how you get on, this has been often discussed without satisfactory resolution - I currently go for a quick dip and have also tried 'assisted' toileting.....do-able, but not really my scene ;). In Qld, biKini bottoms are the go for easy access. Adventuretess[/color]
adventuretess

KAYAK: Impex Currituck 'Green-Piece', Valley Nordkapp LV 'Sialuk'

Postby adventuretess » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Found this product - not sure of its success for kayakers - the references lean more toward stand up sports
might be worth a try - www.girlsoutdoors.org/profiles/gogirl/
adventuretess

KAYAK: Impex Currituck 'Green-Piece', Valley Nordkapp LV 'Sialuk'

Postby TomN » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:52 pm

http://dashpointpirate.typepad.com/the_dash_point_pirate_woo/2009/10/mendocino-rock-gardens-101.html

OK - I thought I knew a bit about stuff in the ocean, but I never knew bull kelp could be used for this: See the post on paddling around Sanfran... Scroll down for the Freshette reference.

Tom
TomN

KAYAK: 1931 Disco Bay SOF, F1 SOF, Impex Assateague, Anago SOF, Ocean Raider (somewhere out the back)

Postby tonik » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:33 am

Has anyone tried the Jack and Jill?

http://www.magnamail.com.au/Product_Det ... &Prod=4027

Im a bit reluctant to try it as the rest of the stuff on the site is pretty sketchy.

Anyone with a positive comment?
tonik

KAYAK: mirage

Postby JohnA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:46 am

Price looks good compared with this one from Livingstone Healthcare. The Livingstone one is a single moulding though the other one has an extra funnel which could get messy. They do male ones too for those who are concerned about mixing up the pee bottle with the gatorade on those night time paddles :)

urinal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnA

KAYAK: Australis Gecko, Valley Nordkapp RM.

Return to ACCESSORIES