Gearlab greenland paddles opinions

Paddles , Epirbs , Cup Holders , Helmets , Radios etc
Forum rules
Please remember this is NOT a commercial forum! Please refer to "Rules of the Forum" for clarification

Gearlab greenland paddles opinions

Postby Random » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 am

Holla guys have you checked these GPs? I see they re nice and they offer shouldered and non shouldered paddles. Should anyone have any experience with them please let me know cause finally i decided i wont be able to construct a GP on my own or to a local craftsman. I have some design plans but its a bit harsh to make all these measurtements :oops:
Leave it to Random to needlessly complicated things
Random

KAYAK: Tahe Wind 585

Re: Gearlab greenland paddles opinions

Postby slr4875 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Random,

I went paddling with the Gearlab guys last week and used one of their paddles. It was my first time to use a greenland paddle. The trip was around 5 hours with strong current on the way back.

The paddle worked fine although I have no other GP paddle experience to compare it with. I normally use a wing paddle.

I ended up buying one of their paddles as the price seemed pretty good. Once I get back to Oz I'll see how it compares performance-wise with my other paddles.

AB
slr4875

KAYAK: Mirge 580, V10L, K1, a few homebrew SOFs

Re: Gearlab greenland paddles opinions

Postby Random » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:50 pm

slr4875 wrote:Hi Random,

I went paddling with the Gearlab guys last week and used one of their paddles. It was my first time to use a greenland paddle. The trip was around 5 hours with strong current on the way back.

The paddle worked fine although I have no other GP paddle experience to compare it with. I normally use a wing paddle.

I ended up buying one of their paddles as the price seemed pretty good. Once I get back to Oz I'll see how it compares performance-wise with my other paddles.

AB

Well thats great news slr4875. Maybe i am not supposed to write here about specific brands of equipment but only through here i can gather some serious views of experienced paddlers. I also like greenland paddles, and this brand can construct a specific paddle for my dimensions!
Leave it to Random to needlessly complicated things
Random

KAYAK: Tahe Wind 585

Return to ACCESSORIES